Wire Watch: May 2 – 9

Emma Chung, A&E Editor

Thursday, May 2nd-May 4th 8:00-10:00 p.m., and Sunday, May 5th, 2:00-4:00 p.m. in Alexander Stage of Harper Joy Theatre

Gracing the Alexander stage is the famous Spanish 17th century play, “Life Is A Dream.” The play challenges our senses, presenting the world as a shadow and reality as invisible yet eternal. Written by Pedro Calderon De La Barca and directed by the Assistant Professor of Spanish, Carlos Vargas, the work is an invitation to reflect on what it means to be human.

Friday, May 3rd 7:00- 8:00 p.m. in Cordiner Hall

Join the Whitman College Orchestra for their annual Spring Concert. This year’s performance is directed by Paul Luongo. This event is free and open to the public.

Friday, May 3rd 2:00- 6:00 p.m. on Ankeny Field

Always wanted a Carnival-themed party at Whitman? WEB is answering your calls by transforming Ankeny into a field of inflatable wonder! There will be food, carnival games, and wet and dry inflatables. Join the rest of the Whitman community to celebrate the end of the semester!

Friday, May 3rd 7:00- 10:00 p.m. in Reid Coffeehouse

Want to relieve your stress by dancing the night away? Join the Inter(national) Whitties Club and WEB for the first ever international dance party! Listen to music from around the world, eat free pizza and dance with all your friends. This event to open to all students.

Saturday, May 4th 6:30-10:00 p.m. in the Reid Sidelawn

The annual Whitsquatch is here! This year’s headliner is Frankie Cosmos, with student bands The Pious Porpoise, JOAN and No Thirds performing throughout the night. In collaboration with KWCW and WEB, Blue Moon is celebrating the release of Volume 32 of the literary art magazine by hosting a music and arts festival. There will be free food, free copies of the newest issue, fun arts and crafts activities, and an abundance of free cool stickers, and a beer garden for the 21+. This event is open and free to all Whitman students, faculty and staff.

Sunday, May 5th 7:30 p.m. in Hunter Conservatory

After a semester of hard work, film students are sharing their work at the Student-Documentary Film Festival. They will be screening four short documentaries followed by a Q&A session with the student filmmakers. Come at least 30 minutes ahead of time to make sure you get a good seat!