Wire Watch: April 4th to 11th

Emma Chung, A&E Editor

Thursday, April 4th-6th 8:00 pm and 7th at 2:00 pm in Freimann Studio Theatre

Pick up your tickets before they sell out! The Whitman Dance Department hosts the annual spring dance concert, “Placeholder”. This performance features new choreographies by a special guest artist, Hadar Ahuvia, and dance faculty Renée Archibald and Peter de Grasse. A collaborative dance piece, the performance embodies histories and relationships to place.

Friday, April 5th 4:00-5:00 pm in Kimball Theatre

Join the Whitman Music Department’’s Four Recital Series for the presentation of Yuma de Cuba. Ethan Maier is on keyboard and vocals; Dian Martinez is on lead vocals and percussion; and Andy Martinez González is on congas and percussion. This event is free and open to the public.

Friday, April 5th 6:00-8:00 pm in Baker Center

Always wondered what goes on inside the Baker Center? Come explore, eat cookies, and learn about the role of the Baker Center on campus. Get a tour of the hidden third floor, the secret library, and enjoy free dessert!  

Saturday, April 6th 8:00 to 10:00 pm in the Young Ballroom, Reid Campus Center

Had an amazing time at your High School prom and wish there was Prom at college? Had a not-so great time and want to create new memories? Here’s your chance to dance the night away at WEB’s “Prom! Here We Go Again”. Featuring live music from JV Jazz and Weed Campus Center, there will be a photo booth, a flower wall, snacks, and even an ice cream sundae bar. Formal prom attire and dancing is highly encouraged.

Tuesday, April 9th Whitman College

Join students for the 21st annual Whitman Undergraduate Conference. Join the record number of 69 students presenting in the poster session in Cordiner Hall or brilliant musicians in the Kimball theatre. Free breakfast and lunch are provided thanks to Bon Appetit. This event is a celebration of students academia and should not be missed!