Wire Watch: March 29-April 5

Michelle Foster, A&E Editor

“Transvisible” Film Screening: Thursday, March 29 at 7:00 p.m. in Olin Auditorium, there will be a screening of the documentary “Transvisible: The Bamby Salcedo Story.” The documentary follows the journey of trans and immigrant rights activist Bamby Salcedo in becoming a prominent leader and advocate for transgender immigrant women.

Onlies Concert: Friday, March 30 at 7:00 p.m. in Reid Coffeehouse, the band The Onlies will give a free performance. Consisting of four stringed-instrument players including banjo, guitar and violin, the band will play a selection of country songs.

Glitter Ball: Saturday, March 31 at 9:00 p.m. at the Beta Theta Pi house there will be a Glitter Ball (Queer Beer) to take over a stereotypically heteronormative space. The party will celebrate queerness and inclusivity and includes dancing, food and lots of glitter.

Book Release Celebration: Wednesday, April 4 at 7:00 p.m. in Reid Campus Center Ballroom, there will be a celebration of the release of Johnston Visiting Instructor of English Ana Maria Spagna’s new book Uplake: Restless Essays of Coming and Going. Professor Spagna will read selections from the book, and refreshments will be available.

Spring Dance Studio Spring Performance Series: Thursday, April 5 through Sunday, April 7, the Department of Theatre and Dance will present three experimental dance performances. Along with the performances by guest dancers, Whitman students will also present their own material.