Wire Watch: Week of Feb. 15

Michelle Foster, A&E Editor

Women in Leadership Symposium: Thursday, Feb. 15 the Women in Leadership Symposium will feature six women in leadership. At 11:30 am in the Reid ballroom there will be a lunchtime event to introduce the panelists, and at 7:30 pm in the Olin Auditorium, the panelists will share their stories and views on leadership.

One Act Play Festival: Thursday, February 15 through Sunday, February 18, the One Act Play Festival will run at Harper Joy Theater. The festival features plays written, selected, performed and designed by students. Audience members can vote for their favorite play, and the winner will receive a cash prize. Showtimes and ticket information can be found online at the Whitman College Events Calendar, or at the theater box office.

Finding Your Future: Communications & Media, Fine & Performing Arts: 4:00 pm on Friday, Feb. 16 in Fouts 201 there will be a panel on careers in Fine & Performing, followed by a panel at 5:00 pm on Communications & Media.

Chinese Lunar New Year Celebration: Friday, Feb. 16 from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, the China at Whitman Club and the Asian Studies House will be presenting a Chinese New Year Celebration in the foyer of Cordiner Hall. There will be Chinese food, a screening of the Spring Festival Gala in China, and activity stations including calligraphy, tea tasting, face painting, paper cutting and lantern riddles.

The Rainmaker: Friday, Feb. 16 – Sunday, Feb. 25 the Little Theatre of Walla Walla will be performing the play “The Rainmaker.” Set in the Depression era, the play follows a young woman named Lizzy through a drought in her rural town and the arrival of a Rainmaker who promises to make it rain. For performance times and ticket reservations, visit the Little Theatre of Walla Walla on their website.