Wire Watch: Week of November 2

Michelle Foster, A&E Editor

“Big Art”: Thursday, Nov. 2 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. in Reid Campus Center, Whitman’s annual literary publication blue moon will host the event “Big Art,” where artwork from last year’s issue of blue moon will be displayed and people may enter in drawings to take artwork home. There will also be poetry reading, live music and food.

Dia de los Muertos Print Sale: Thursday, Nov. 2 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Sheehan Gallery there will be a reception and sale of prints made by Whitman art students for the Dia de los Muertos celebration last weekend. The prints will be displayed in the gallery until Nov. 8.

The Wizarding World of Whitman: Friday, Nov. 3 at 5:00 p.m. in Reid Coffeehouse, KWCW show “The Witching Hour” and WEB will be co-hosting an evening of Harry Potter. Includes a movie screening, animal stuffing, photo booth, snacks, house sorting and trivia.

Jazz Masterclass: Monday, Nov. 6 at 3:00 p.m. in Music Hall Room 127, renowned jazz quintet consisting of Clairdee, jazz vocalist; Ken Peplowski, clarinet; Greg Goebel, piano; Dave Captein, bass; and Gary Hobbs, drums will be giving a masterclass for all interested in learning or improving their jazz. The event is free and open to the public.

Fall Dance Concert SPACING: Opening Thursday, Nov. 9 and continuing through Nov. 12 at Harper Joy Theatre, Whitman’s fall dance concert SPACING features new choreography by faculty members and guest artist Katy Pyle, made in collaboration with Whitman students.