Whitman Wire

How does this school not have staplers?

Alex Kerr

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

1) This is a college
2) College students write papers
2a) often more than one page
2b) …
3) Multiple page papers require staplers
4) This school has three staplers
5) How is this still true?!?!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
6 Comments

6 Responses to “How does this school not have staplers?”

1. Andrew Witherspoon on March 6th, 2009 10:14 pm

WCTS took them. You will have them back when you are ready to behave. Until then, I hear the ASWC office is flush with paper clips.

2. Ari Frink on March 8th, 2009 3:59 pm

PAPER CLIPS JUST DON’T CUT IT! Free the Staplers!

“All you need is love” – The Beatles

3. sophie on March 8th, 2009 9:07 pm

this is a good article. very informative. a+.

4. Leah on March 12th, 2009 10:19 pm

Yes the staplers have disappeared. But perhaps even more sinister: SO HAVE THE HOLE-PUNCHERS.

And I need those to live.

5. Gillian Frew on March 13th, 2009 4:12 pm

today I needed to turn in a paper and there were no staplers to be found in olin or maxey. so I snuck into the office of a professor I don’t know when he left for the bathroom, and used his stapler. this situation is in desperate need of repair.

6. C.J. Wisler on September 27th, 2009 12:02 am

I am in a fiction writing class, and two plus times a semester we workshop a short story. These stories need to be 10 or more pages, and there needs to be fifteen copies. It’s tricky enough with working (usually AROUND) the new GoPrint system, but I was DELIGHTED to discover a stapler within my reach in the Olin Office. Unfortunately, there was only 3 staples left in the stapler, and the student running the desk couldn’t find any more staplers. 3 minutes before class, I had to run to the library, find that the staplers were in use, run home and use my housemate’s mini-stapler and run back to class. Luckily the professor was running late that day. Long story short – nowhere is safe: get your own stapler.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Whitman news since 1896
How does this school not have staplers?