Wire Watch: Feb 7-14

Emma Chung, A&E Editor

Thursday, February 7th 7:00 pm in the Reid Coffeehouse

Interested in race, politics, social justice and poetry? Theo E.J. Wilson, a winner of the National Poetry Slam and political activist, speaks about his experiences talking to people with different political values. Attend his lecture to learn how to embrace difference and make meaning from difficult conversations.

Thursday, February 14th final deadline

Have a tendency to doodle in class or write short stories in your free time? Here is your chance to submit to Quarterlife, Whitman’s littlest literary magazine, with this year’s theme of “Night Shift.” All submissions are reviewed anonymously and printed in black and white. Email submissions to [email protected].

Friday, February 8th 5:30 pm in Olin Auditorium 138

Hamid Rahmanian, an innovative film maker and visual artist is giving a talk on part of his work displayed in the current Sheehan Gallery exhibit. Combining his love of traditional Persian art forms with more modern art technologies, his work “Feathers of Fire,” is part of the greater exhibit “WRITTEN IN LIGHT: Meditations on the Moving Image.”

Friday, February 8th 6:30 pm in the Lyman House

Join the Mythical/Movable Blue Mountain Bluegrass Jam for a night of smooth tunes.                                  New musicians and spectators are all welcome to come and participate, no experience necessary.

Saturday, February 9th 7:30-9:30 pm in the Reid Ballroom

Welcome the Lunar New Year with a professional Kung Fu Demo, traditional music performances, and more! Hosted by multiple community and student organizations, don’t miss out on the plethora of Chinese snacks, various gifts for collection games and lottery game.